Regrettably, certain close-contact events have had to be cancelled due to the rapid spread of the Omicron variant of Covid-19:
- The Nordic bus trip to Kenosee / Moose Mountain, previously re-scheduled to January 15, is cancelled.
- The Nordic bus trip to Eb’s Trails, Little Red Loppet & Prince Albert National Park, previously scheduled for January 29 to 31, is also cancelled.
- The Saskatchewan Winter Games 2022 scheduled for February 20-26 in Regina, are cancelled.
Fortunately, several events and activities are still available, and you may wish to switch more of your attention to them.
- This season’s Virtual Loppet is a great way to encourage yourself to ski regularly, and to share your experiences with others via the Regina Ski Club Virtual Loppets Facebook group.
- Adult Nordic Ski Lessons are going ahead. Use them as an opportunity to learn to ski for the first time or to improve your technique. There are separate courses for both Classic and Skate styles.
- Wednesday Night Races continue to be run each week. All Regina Ski Club members are welcome to join. Watch the Regina Ski Club Facebook page each Tuesday for details of that week’s race, including location and style (classic or skate style).
- Make good use of our local groomed trails. White Butte Trails and four of our trails in Regina have been groomed recently, all are in good to excellent condition, and the weather is finally great for skiing. See our Trails and Conditions pages.