Please contact the Program Coordinator Brennan Craig for more information
What is Nordic Adventure Ski?
The Nordic Adventure Program is for 11 to 18 yrs olds (as of Dec.31st of the year in which the session starts) who want to be active, have fun and enjoy the outdoors. Our ski outings are focused on fun, fitness and building endurance.
Being part of Regina Ski Club we also help out with club events such as the Ski Swap, Waskimo and Regina Sask Cup Series. We also welcome parents to ski with us as it improves the experience for all in terms of pacing, timing and supervision.
Come adventure with us! If you have any additional questions, contact the Program Coordinator: [email protected].
When and where is the programming?
- We meet Sunday afternoons from 2:30PM to 3:45PM.
- Douglas Park, Wascana Park, Kinsmen and various other trail locations in
- Regina, White Butte and surrounding area.
- Some weekends we will have the opportunity to explore other trails in Saskatchewan through Regina Ski Club and Cross Country Saskatchewan organized events and regional loppets.
What are the requirements to join Adventure Ski?
- Enthusiastic about cross-country skiing.
- Fit enough to be active for approximately 1.5 hours.
- Willing to ski for approximately 5 kilometres.
- Willing to try new things and have fun.
- There is no pre-requisite level, but it does help if they have basic cross-country ski skills. Some of the kids have come up through the Regina Jackrabbit program and are quite good, others are coming from a recreational ski background and occasionally there may be a participant who is new to XC skiing.
- a positive attitude to learning new things and challenging oneself physically.
What equipment is mandatory for Adventure Ski?
- Boots – combi boots (skate and classic) are acceptable
- Skis – 1 pair classic skis (waxable or skin skis are preferred) and 1 pair skate skis
- Poles – 1 pair classic length poles, 1 pair skate length poles and 1 pair ski striding poles for dryland training
- Drink Belt or backpack
- Head Lamp – for those dark December and January sessions
- Rock Skis – while not mandatory, they can be useful for early and late season training
- Clothing – suitable for all types of weather
Equipment is not available for rental at the sessions. Equipment may be rented at local vendors such as Fresh Air Experience (open Tuesdays to Saturdays).
We also have an online Regina Ski Club Nordic Buy Sell Group on Facebook:
What are the Adventure Ski program fees and what are they used for?
- $100 for the season
- Approximately 3 months of group training sessions once per week.
- Instructor support in preparation for provincial and regional events and loppets
- Ski waxing training.
Adventure Ski Documents and Links
- Cross Country Saskatchewan – Event and Programming Calendar
Adventure Ski Schedule
- Cross Country Saskatchewan – Sask Loppets and other Ski Events